Kerberos Productions , the makers of the Sword of the Stars  series is, for the first time in the eight-year history of the studio, developing a self-published game. Sword of the Stars: The Pit  is a fun, fast, light-hearted action RPG, made in the tradition of Rogue and other old school dungeon-diving games. Set in the popular Sword of the Stars universe, it delivers a rich backdrop and modern gameplay.
Your Character will gain in levels and skill as you defeat more opponents and complete more tasks. Despite being quick and fun, you’ll have to sweat to keep your Character alive and you’ll be identifying with the Li’l Dude just enough that it stings when he gets eaten by a Rabid Moon Bear.
The Pit is currently in Alpha stage. Kerberos has launched a crowd funding campaign on Indiegogo  to help the game reach completion. A playable Beta is scheduled for release at the end of November, after the crowd funding campaign is complete. The finished game is slated for release in early 2013.
- 3 Characters to choose from…Marine, Pilot and Engineer!
- Go up levels and improve your skills as you try and find a way to survive the depths.
- 30 Levels of ancient evil science between you and the cure!
- Dozens of enemies drawn from the SotSverse!
- Over 30 weapons and armors with a variety of special effects including flamethrowers, rocket launchers, plasma cannons and powered Brawler armor!
- Randomized augmentation effects to make each game unique
- Crafting lets you make special items from bits and pieces of your enemies.
- Over 60 items to discover, ranging from the familiar to the ancient exotic tech.
- Dozens of room types containing a host of exotic devices to help and hinder the player
- Many fiendish ways to die including poisoning, disease, traps, radiation, starvation and of course…MONSTERS.