Toronto developer DrinkBox Studios Independent Toronto developer DrinkBox Studios , creator of Guacamelee!, Mutant Blobs Attack and About a Blob, is pleased to give gamers a look at its newest game. Severed, which is slated for release in spring 2015, follows the saga of a distraught warrior lost in a fantastical world. As she knits together pieces of her story from both the past and the future, the heroine will embark on a journey through a surreal, nonlinear world by using a gesture-based combat mechanic to defeat enemies in this first-person adventure. During their journey, players will unlock new abilities, discover secrets of the land, and grow in power as they master both offensive and defensive techniques.
- Take on the role of a heroine in this first-person, dungeon crawleresque adventure
- Mysterious highly stylized surreal world to explore
- Natural-motion based mechanics to combat enemies and explore/interact with the world
- Nonlinear gameplay gives players autonomy over upgrade paths
- Light RPG elements, including spells and items that progressively upgrade the main character
- Battle multiple enemies simultaneously, each with their own strengths and weaknesses to discover
- Original soundtrack from Juno nominated band YAMANTAKA // SONIC TITAN and kulintang ensemble Pantayo