Vancouver developed Garden Sketch  App is now available  for iPad in the App Store. Use Garden Sketch to map your yard with the house, sheds, existing trees and gardens, then create new plans of future garden designs. There are preset logos for plants, shrubs and trees in three sizes and different colours. There is also the option of straight or freehand lines and freehand shapes to define spaces. You can easily add notes to create plant lists and export your designs to email or social media platforms as screen grabs or PDFs.
Garden Sketch has a quick and an easy learning curve, but also has plenty of subtlety. As your skill improves and the designs get better and better and you can fine tune the details. The developers have found that working with a Stylus really helps to get nice lines and precise plant placement.
Autumn is a great time to use Garden Sketch. While your garden is still beautiful and full of summer colour, you can use Garden Sketch to record all the plants in your garden and get a head start on your ideas for next year’s plans.
* Create any number of unique plans for your property.
* Draw with the skill of a talented plant artist with expressive shapes and colours
* Arrange plants, shrubs, hedges, trees, and a collection of common garden structures as you like them
* Add notes to identify plants and other features
* Export plans by saving to your photos, sending by email or posting on Facebook and Twitter
Garden Sketch will be free for the next few weeks, after which the price will be set to $3.99.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.